6 May 2016

FLOWERS by ingrid and titti - Welcome to the Month of May!



It's the beginning of May, one of the prettiest months of the year here in the UK. The flower stalls are full of spring flowers in every colour imaginable. 


I could'n believe my luck when I found these beautiful stocks and sweet peas in almost the same delicate light purple or mauve colour. 



The sweet pea petals are almost translucent and together with the stocks the two flowers create this kind of frothy mass of irresistible beauty. 


In my garden I grow a perennial called Polemonium 'Lambrook Mauve' and it turned out to be a perfect match with the two other flowers. The common name for it is Jacob's ladder. Its a great ground-cover that in my garden, here in London, is evergreen and the bell-shaped little flowers is a welcome sight every year. 


For this delicately coloured bouquet I have kept the background as well as all the vintage props white or off-white. I just wanted the flowers to stand out and give them center of attention.



If you go over to Titti's blog you can see her interpretation of this weeks theme. Here is the link to her blog. 


Enjoy your flower arranging and have a lovely floral day!

Titti and I will be back later in May with another FLOWERS and a new theme.

1 comment:

Frances said...

Ingrid, your trio of pale purple flowers look so splendid together, with each one having a unique character while sharing a hue.

Thank you for introducing me to the lovely Jacob's Ladder. I will now try to remember its name!

I wish you a very happy weekend. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...